- About us
- Teaching staff
Center for Quality Control and Quality Enhancement of Teaching
In accordance with the Article 15. Paragraph 1 of the Higher Education Act (Offician Gazette, RS, No.76/05), Articles 12 and 119. of the Statute of the Faculty of Medicine, General Council of the Faculty of Medicine University of Belgrade at the meeting held on March 25, 2008 enacted this
ON QUALITY ASSURANCE
FACULTY OF MEDICINE UNIVERSITY OF BELGRADE
By this Regulation the role and responsibilities of Faculty of Medicine University of Belgrade (hereinafter: Faculty) in the field of quality assurance of higher education at the Faculty are defined, as well as establishment of authorities responsible for quality monitoring, improvement and development, their detailed jurisdiction and mode of work are settled, as well as other issues of importance for quality improvement and development.
Quality assurance of work and study programs of the Faculty is a part of national system of quality assurance and prerequisite for diploma and qualifications comparability within united European higher education frame.
Faculty provides quality of higher education in accordance with internationally adopted documents in the field of higher education, the Higher Education Act, the Regulation on standards for self-evaluation and quality assessment, the Regulation on standards for external quality assessment, the Regulation on standards for accreditation, the Strategy of quality assurance, this Regulation and other documents of the Faculty and University of Belgrade.
General Council of the Faculty of Medicine in Belgrade and Dean are responsible for the quality of academic programs and the implementation of measures for insurance the quality of teaching and the conditions of the work of the Faculty.
In order to monitor, control and develop the quality, General Council of the Faculty of Medicine in Belgrade has established a Committee for Quality Assurance (hereinafter: the Commission) as an expert and advisory body of the General Council and the Dean of the Faculty in the field of quality assurance.
The process of self-evaluation at the Faculty is conducted by the Commission which is composed of representatives of teachers, non-teaching staff and students .
Detailed jurisdiction of the Committee is regulated by this Regulation as follows:
1. prepares a draft Strategy for quality assurance, and makes the action plans for the implementation of the Strategy;
2. promotes the development of a quality culture at the Faculty;
3. prepares proposals to improve the standards , procedures and methods for assessing the quality , in accordance with the standards of the National Council for Higher Education ;
4. plans and prepares activities related to monitoring and quality control , at least once a year ;
5. examines the reports of regular self-evaluation of the Faculty;
6. reports to the General Council of the Faculty on the state of quality, at least once a year;
7. suggests the need for emergency self-assessment in certain areas;
8. proposes external quality assessment and provides expert assistance in the preparation of documentation for accreditation for the competent authority ;
9. monitors the implementation of the Strategy , standards and quality assurance procedures and proposes measures to remedy identified weaknesses in order to improve quality ;
10. forms working groups of the Commission , in accordance with the Rules of Procedure of the Commission;
11. adopts its Rules of Procedure ;
12. performs other duties relevant to the improvement and development of quality of study programs, teaching and working conditions ;
Faculty is obliged to conduct a self-evaluation and quality assessment process, in accordance with the Strategy of quality assurance, at intervals of three years.
The process of self-evaluation can be carried out at shorter intervals in some areas, according to the agenda of the Commission under Article 3 of this Regulation.
The decision to establish the Commission under Article 3 defines detailed composition, number of members and election procedure of the Commission.
The process of self-evaluation is carried out according to the standards and guidelines for self-evaluation, brought by the National Council for Higher Education.
It is mandatory to consider the students' assessment in the process of self-evaluation, in accordance with the bylaws of the University and the Faculty.
After implementation of the procedure of self-assessment, the Commission under Article 3 of this Regulation systematizes and processes received information and prepares a written report on the self-evaluation, which delivers to the General Council of the Faculty of Medicine for opinion.
Based on the results of self-evaluation and opinion of the Commission, the General Council of the Faculty shall decide on the evaluation of the quality of academic programs, teaching and working conditions, and the evaluation of quality in certain areas in which the process of self-evaluation has been conducted.
The decision referred to in paragraph 1 of this Article shall also include proposed measures to remedy identified weaknesses and to improve quality.
The General Council considers at least once a year the situation in the field of quality and takes measures to improve quality.
Faculty insures and protects the entire documentation related to all activities, procedures and processes in the field of quality assurance, in the manner and in the procedure prescribed by laws of the University, and the Faculty.
The documents referred to in paragraph 1of this Article shall be also provided in electronic form.
A summary of self-evaluation report and decision of the General Council on the evaluation of quality is published on the website of the Faculty.
Prof. dr Bogdan Đuričić
FACULTY OF MEDICINE